Sunday 28 July 2013

Tywardreath Trotter

Yesterday, saw me run the Tywardreath Trotter. This is a 7 mile multi terrain race based near St Austell.

I took my coach's advice of  starting off slowly and spent most of the race without seeing any runners at all.

We had to run near a river and run back the same way when we were coming back. Ran through that area with no problem, running back and fell over. I didn't want another DNF (did not finish) and didn't feel it was serious enough to pull out and thought it was just mud I had on my hands and knee.

Caught up with club mate; but got pipped near the end and just beaten by him.

Time (according to my watch) was 1:33:54. Not amazing; but it is the furthest distance I've run, ever.

I now have delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and a small bruise and cut on my knee where I fell over yesterday.

Next race is hopefully the Indian Queens Fun Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment