Sunday 16 June 2013

2 races, one finish

This week saw me take part in the Bude Lifeboat Run and the Sticker 5 mile Run. Usually, I may only run once or twice a month; but was talked into doing both by my coach.

Wednesday saw me do the Bude Lifeboat Run. Very difficult due to having a minor foot injury, which turned out to be a problem with my toenail being too long. Managed to do the run in just over 1:17. Not bad considering it was largely off road.

Yesterday, saw me do the Sticker 5 mile Run. I started off well, I thought. Apart from having some issues with my shoe being too tight. A marshal shouted "you only have 1 and a quarter miles to go". My response was to trip over. That was the end of my race.

On a slightly more positive note, Monday (club night) I was given a form for a Plymouth half marathon. Plymouth half marathon usually run towards the start of the year, is so expensive. (around £40) - this was only £11 and is held at the end of September. That's excellent for me - I want a half marathon (my first) for around September / October time.

Next race is likely to be the British 10k in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment